Wednesday, January 09, 2013

What Are We Listening To? (The New Class)

We had a varied selection in this year's new class (music added to iTunes in the past year).  Quite a few are Lori's selections, but there's a few tracks from my running playlist that got good coverage this past year.  Links go to Amazon so you can listen to previews.



1. Someone Like You - Adele - one of Lori's finds this year

2. My Hope Is In You - Aaron Shust

3. Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes (feat. Adam Levine) - sound great in headphones while running, sounds great playing loud in the car

4. Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri

5. Waiting for Tomorrow - Mandisa

6. Lift Me Up - The Afters

7. Hold Me - Jamie Grace (feat. TobyMac) - Lori picked up the Jamie Grace album and it got a lot of play this year

8. Animal - Glee Cast

9. One Reason - Chynna and Vaughan

10. Show Jesus - Jamie Grace

11. American Woman - Lenny Kravitz

12. Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead - this and "Stereo Hearts" are probably my top two from the new class

13. DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love - Usher (feat. Pitbull) - this is in my running playlist.

14. Black to White - Felix Cartal (feat. Miss Palmer)

15. We Can Trust Him (Psalm 33:4) - Group VBS - I listened to this over and over and over and over and over again driving by myself (Ben and Lori were in ambulance) between St. Francis ER and Mary Bridge ER when Ben had his seizures. That was right after he cried out when exposed to the cold air when they rolled the gurney out into the parking lot, the first time in over two hours that we had heard anything Ben-like.

16. The Four Seasons, Op. 8, Concerto No. 2 in G Minor RV 315 "Summer": III. Presto - Nicola Benedetti & Scottish Chamber Orchestra - probably an iTunes freebie, couldn't find it on Amazon

17. We Three Kings - Rod Stewart (feat. Mary J. Blige)

18. Ready to Fly - Jamie Grace

19. Come to Me - Jamie Grace

20. Remind Me Who I Am - Jason Gray

21. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Norah Jones

22. Beer for My Horses - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson - yeah, this is just fun.

23. Risen Today - Aaron Shust

24. Without a Word - Birdy

25. Fix You - Coldplay

1 comment:

James said...

I have the Rod Stewart and Norah Jones freebie Christmas tunes. None of the others. I like Adele, but don't own her stuff. I was working on my list of most-listened-to songs of 2012 but set it aside to focus on more applications for work.