Sunday, January 13, 2013

What Are We Listening To? (Christian)

It looks like I haven't done this since mid-2011. There's not a lot of movement. As our library grows, I think it takes more to change things, that you get a first-mover advantage going on. "Here With Us" rocketed to the top of this list as well but most of the music here has been at the top for awhile. I guess we haven't bought as much new (Christian) music this year. I think we've done more Pandora this year, especially Lori where she's got a few good stations aimed at the type of Christian music (she's got stations like "JJ Heller Radio," "Praise Bands," "Reliant K Radio" and "Tommy Walker Radio").

One recent addition to our collection that I've really liked is "The Story," a compilation of artists singing songs from the perspective of different Bible characters. There's a lot in there that make great between-service music for those mornings when I'm running sound at church.

Without further ado, here's the top 25:

1. Here With Us - Joy Williams [9]
2. Ancient Words - Michael W. Smith [3]
3. My Savior My God - Aaron Shust [2]
4. In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching (with Geoff Moore) [1]
5. You Are Holy (Prince of Peace) - Michael W. Smith [5]
6. Keep The Candle Burning - Point of Grace [4]
7. Secret Ambition - Michael W. Smith [6]
8. Dive - Steve Curtis Chapman [10]
9. In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching (with Geoff Moore) [new] - apparently I like this song so much two copies made it into the top 25. I wonder if last time I combined them.
10. Back Home - JJ Heller [15]
11. Wonderful, Merciful Savior - Selah [7]
12. In The Light - dcTalk [12]
13. In Christ Alone - Newsboys [8]
14. We Humble Ourselves - Paul Baloche [11]
15. Say The Words (Now) - dcTalk [13]
16. We - Joy Williams [22]
17. Lord, I Life Your Name On High - SONICFLOOd [14]
18. Indescribable - Chris Tomlin [new]
19. The River - Brian Doerksen [new]
20. Keep You Safe - JJ Heller [new]
21. Live Out Loud - Steven Curtis Chapman [new]
22. What Do I Know of Holy - Addison Road [20]
23. Can't Go On - Group 1 Crew [new]
24. I Want To Know You - SONICFLOOd [new]
25. Open The Eyes Of My Heart - SONICFLOOd [19]

No comments: