We've changed the way we listen to music. We're using Pandora more at home and at work and we play it less frequently at home as background music. We're also buying less music overall. Therefore, first mover's advantage seems to hold - the stuff at the top is the same stuff that's been at the top, even though we haven't taken a survey since June 2011. I think that one of our children may have also reset the play counts on a swath of songs, sadly. [Brackets] indicate their placement the last time we did the list. Only a few new ones.
This also does not include nursery music played on iPods to help children sleep. Those would take up all the spots, played 100 (or 100s) of times more than any of these.
1. Bye Bye Bye - *NSYNC  - still? why? Oh yeah, that was one of the few things our youngest would regularly communicate verbally was a request for this song. Title and lyrics that repeat are a perfect fit for him.
2. Trashin' the Camp - Phil Collins 
3. Here with Us - Joy Williams [new] - a Christmas song I've allowed to play all year long. Love this song.
4. Hey, Soul Sister - Train 
5. Who Says You Can't Go Home - Bon Jovi (feat. Jennifer Nettles) 
6. I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles 
7. Jingle Bells - Barenaked Ladies 
8. Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls [new] - an old classic. Interesting. I can't explain its rise in popularity.
9. Ancient Words - Michael W. Smith 
10. Strangers Like Me - Phil Collins 
11. My Savior My God - Aaron Shust  - has fallen way, way, way out of favor with Lori. Therefore, neither of us plays it if she's around.
12. You Might Think - The Cars 
13. Waiting for My Real Life to Begin - Colin Hay [new] - I played this over and over and over driving to and from a funeral. It seemed fitting because the death was a shock, just like the one on Scrubs. I know it's weird to talk about a real person's death and a TV show death at the same time, but that episode was so well done.
14. In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching (feat. Geoff Moore) 
15. Girl You Know It's True - Milli Vanilli  - used to be asked for regularly by our daughter
16. Heaven - Live 
17. You Are Holy (Prince of Peace) - Michael W. Smith 
18. Keep the Candle Burning - Point of Grace 
19. The Cheap Seats - Alabama 
20. If I Had $1,000,00 - Barenaked Ladies 
21. You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi 
22. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 
23. I Can't Be Your Friend - D.H.T. (feat. Edemée) 
24. Trashin' the Camp - Phil Collins (feat. *NSYNC) 
25. Deliver Us - Ofra Haza (feat. Eden Riegel) 
introspection technology entertainment-books and magazines sift work diet/exercise video funny cars worth repeating Christianity/church ideas and creativity bad company transit and development advertising / branding / marketing email music unclutter random food entertainment-television Google by-week 750 Starbucks 120 family #blogaday cool coffee parenting L.A. architecture entertainment-movies environment leadership Christmas Apple Seattle autism atad entertainment photos art and design weather politics by-year geography identity rain social Amazon home improvement travel Disney by-month money snow charity dream Lego how to vacation awful conference crime simplify children AT&T LOST news sports education fashion clueless improvement links no-bars-blog 2013 NASA NBC GTD fail good company holiday nostalgia trust30 war 2014 empowerment journalism legal picky power powerless quoted Cuba Lori cord-cutting focus great day inspirational radio Federal Way McDonalds Rachel Tacoma medical videoblog Boeing Microsoft Wal*mart art buffy conspiracy culture laundry sellout web 2015 PLU customer service fool review robots and drones