Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Summer Banged on Winter's Door

Today turned out to be a good day. There were some things afoot that threatened that. They came to pass but like ripping off a bandwidth, once it was all accounted for, it was time to move on. And then in the rarest of gifts, a two-hour meeting was canceled. Well, postponed. Pain it forward, I guess. After a lunch break where I got in a great walk in great weather, I took my laptop and stayed in the breakroom half the day. I hadn't intended to, but when the battery was preparing to die, I wasn't ready to go back upstairs, so I went and got the power cord. I turned off new incoming email and really attacked the backlog and made significant progress. (I used the BlackBerry to keep new email at bay.) By the time I had turned email back on, my inbox was quite a bit lighter and there were over 40 queued up and ready to dispatch. I have a long ways to go, but it felt good and productive.

Tonight instead of doing any chores, I played with Rachel and Ben.

Dinner was a creamy potato soup with bacon and sour cream on top that Lori made. It was really good, but my stomach is growling and I hope I'll be able to sleep despite this odd hunger.

And Lost didn't stink.