I looked back over the year and I started off a lot more prolific than I did at the end. I'll need to figure out a way to be consistent. Because I feel like I didn't write a lot, but I went back and looked and yeah, I guess I did. So I guess I need to work more at being consistent. On one hand, I guess I wrote when it occurred to me. On the other hand, why write at all? I think it stretches me, pulls me away from the reality. I also write a lot of solitary or observant stories.
I also think I have an overused conceit - often ending with a twist or a surprise or some kind of hint at something beyond my story. I need to work on that in the future.
- Tailgater - a fantasy piece. Surprising, not rooted in an experience at the time I wrote it.
- Dear Diary - writing from a female perspective
- Fractured Facebook 2 - need to do this more. fun.
- Heist, pt. 3 - my slowly (very slowly) unfolding story. Need to step back and actually plan this out if I want to keep going.
- Point-Counterpoint - trying to work on believable characters interacting and action
- Rain - re-imagining a day
- Character Study
- Awakening - imagining the horror of something like the Haiti earthquake
- Disjointed - daydreaming while waiting at a stoplight
- Wrong Turn
- De-plane - tried for realism in a scene partially recreated, partially made-up
- In Plain Sight
- Past Half (Heist, pt. 4)
- Fractured Facebook 3
- And Again - trying again for action
Any suggestions on something I should attempt in the new year? (If you're reading this in Facebook, please click through the blog and post your suggestions there. That'll make more sense later.)