Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Self-Induced Sickness

Shortly after putting the kids to bed last night, the room started spinning. No matter what position I got into, it kept spinning. I finally found that if I lounged on the couch and let my head loll to one side, that was OK. So I lounged there for a long time with my eyes closed not sleeping.

Later, I went upstairs to the bedroom, took a melatonin and laid in bed not sleeping. At one point, I noticed I could see every blood vessel and vein in my arm. They had all come up to the surface. I didn't fall asleep for a long time. When I finally did, I slept very well, but was in no way ready to get up for the day and had to end up calling in sick.

I slept some more (garbage trucks didn't help any... yeah, yeah, doing their job, I know) and then laid in bed and read for awhile. By lunch time, I was starving and had lunch plans, so got ready and went and met friends for lunch.

I thought about it and decided that I was probably dehydrated and also just exhausted. Normally we get to sleep in a little bit on the weekends. But on Friday night, small group went really late (which is fun), but we didn't know what time the contractor was coming on Saturday, so we got up early (he showed at 10:30) and then Sunday got up early again because we've been going to both church services. So I had no time to recuperate. I am going to have to reevaluate my schedule to make sure there's no recurrence and make sure I'm getting enough to drink because that was not fun at all.

Fortunately, there was nothing more to my getting sick, even though I told myself it was ok to throw up if that made things better. But that didn't happen, yay.

No comments: