Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hack

I wanted to do something different for a blog post and so I thought maybe I could draw out this idea I've had in my head for some time now.  I sat down to try to sketch it and realized I couldn't get the perspective right. So I tried drawing a few other things and realized that my "ability" to draw hasn't magically improved in many years of not drawing.

So finally Googled a subject I like: floating homes in Seattle and then tried to sketch a rough interpretation.  In real life the one from "Sleepless in Seattle" would be where I drew a dock instead. There are also houses behind and to the right, but I wanted to focus more on the one house than the ful scene. The perspective is still wrong, the photo I was looking at was from water-level and yet mine ends up being from the crow's nest of a tall ship or a helicopter or something. Which makes the trees and Aurora Bridge in the background look weird.  Oh well.  Thanks to my daughter for the use of her colored pencils.


No comments: