Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Free Idea: Clothes Saver

Those security tags they put on clothes are getting smaller and smaller. To the point where you could wear one on a piece of clothing without noticing it.

And that got me thinking:

Lori has certain articles of clothing that aren't supposed to go in the dryer. And since I do the laundry, I often put them in the dryer. My system is about a constant repeatable process, it's not so good with exceptions and caveats.

So, what if:


...there was some little tags she could permanently affix to clothes that weren't supposed to go in the dryer? And what if the dryer opening was equipped with a sensor similar to the ones at the doors of the department stores?

That way, if I tried to put one of those sweaters in the dryer, it would beep at me and flash a light.

Now, of course, you'd have to figure out how to do it differently from the ones at the stores so you didn't set them off every time you visited, but I'm sure that could all be overcome.

Anyone want to get on building that? LG maybe? (LG, if you do it, you probably should pay me a royalty. You kind of owe me.)

No comments: