Thursday, June 06, 2013

Call Me a Nerd

I was quite flattered when +Amy Carrigan (look, my first Google+ tag in a blog post. ooh. yawn) posted an article called "Managing Nerds" on Facebook and then tagged me suggesting

"I think you know most of this, but might be an interesting read anyway."

I was blown away by what I read. As not only a manager of nerds, but also a nerd myself, I found myself learning stuff about myself and things that I need by those managing me as well as stuff that could help me as an employee, husband and manager. A quote came to mind and I went to Google to verify the exact wording and was most pleased to find the exact quote on YouTube. Isn't the internet awesome?



So I read the article, jumped to another, and another, and another. Fas-cin-a-ting. So now, subscribed to the blog and if I have time, will have to do some more reading in the backlog. These are fascinating reads.
  1. The Nerd Handbook
  2. The Cave
  3. Managing Nerds
  4. Bored People Quit
  5. My Name is James and I Have NADD (Nerd Attention Deficit Disorder)

No comments: