Saturday, October 19, 2013

Worth Repeating: Amy Cuddy (@amyjccuddy)

Video:


Your body language shapes who you are -- Body language affects how others see us, but it may also change how we see ourselves. Social psychologist Amy Cuddy shows how “power posing” -- standing in a posture of confidence, even when we don’t feel confident -- can affect testosterone and cortisol levels in the brain, and might even have an impact on our chances for success. More on TED.com...

Why I posted -- At the start of the year, I declared this to be one of two really good talks I had recently listened to. For awhile I had a reminder on my phone that would play the Imperial Death March from Star Wars and remind me to "power pose." I turned if off at some point when my schedule changed. I should think about reinstating that. :)

No comments: