Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I love my Contigos

I was surprised to see that my wife's post about Contigo on her blog has gotten a lot of traffic.  I thought "I want some traffic. Maybe I should write about my Contigos because I love them." I've raved about them on Facebook but never written a blog post about them.

What makes Contigos really cool is this thing they call AutoSeal.  The opening has a spring-loaded sealing valve inside the screw-on top.  The valve is operated by a large button at the back of the lid.  That allows you to use one-hand to take a drink.  This is handy when you're on-the-go.  It can tip over, fall out of your hands, be dropped and nothing spills.



I received my Contigo Coffee Mug just before Christmas a few years ago. I had hinted that I wanted one after reading about them on Lifehacker and then when a family member "swiped" my coffee mug days before Christmas. I groused and a few seconds later it was in my hands.  It's very cool.  It is important to note that it's sealed really well, so if you shake up your coffee, the pressure will build. Open it into your mouth or hand because it will spray out a mist the first time after you shake it.  It's not a big deal, something you just learn the hard way the first few times of forgetting.  My mug is all beat up now but that just adds character.

My Contigo Water Bottle was part of a set three that my wife got at Costco.  Mine's gray, my wife's is blue and my daughter's is pink.  I use mine almost every day. It has the same AutoSeal opening.  You're not supposed to use carbonated beverages in mine but I put carbonated water in mine.  I used it for drinking water on the way to work. When I get to work, I open it up and leave it in the car in pieces so that it can air out. Some people have complained of mold, but we've never seen mold issues with ours.

I was not paid for this endorsement. If you want to buy them, the links above go to Amazon.




No comments: