Monday, March 08, 2010

Odds and Ends 14

-EXTRA-

"Take away my people, but leave my factories and soon grass will grow on the factory floors......Take away my factories, but leave my people and soon we will have a new and better factory." - Andrew Carnegie

-1-

UNCLUTTERER.COM -- Using a three-folder system to keep email under control - the average worker gets 625 emails a week? Yeah, that's like two days for me. I actually employ an eight folder system.

-2-

RAPPORTIVE.COM -- Makes me wish I used email - removes the ads from the right side of Gmail and replaces it with contact information -- social media links, photo, personal notes you've added, etc.

-3-

PAPERRATER.COM -- Wow... I'm not so, um, good with words. I shoved my first "750" into this website and it tells me that my usage of "sophisticated words" is less than average. Tells me I need to use the Vocabulary Builder.

-4-

MASHABLE.COM -- U.S. to Allow Export of Web Services to Iran and Cuba -- cool. Policy is designed to gnaw at closed societies and pry them open. Booyah.

-5-

WASHINGTONHIGHWAYS.BLOGSPOT.COM -- State Route 100 - this guy and his wife are travelling all of Washington's highways, in numerical order, from start to finish, taking photos along the way. It's rather interesting and here's the latest.

-6-

KANSASCITY.COM -- The Oscars show went on and on, but the comedy sure didn’t

-7-

SETHGODIN.COM -- You Rock. Wait.. what?

-8- VIDEO

iPad commercial. Actually, I found the commercial quite annoying. But, still, is an interesting product. Show me it running Remember the Milk.



-9- VIDEO

Iron Man 2 Trailer



-10- VIDEO

So this is a harddrive that they've punched out numbers. Using strobe lights it displays what appears to be a steady lit clock. Kinda cool.