Thursday, July 21, 2005

120 seconds of lit

He peeled back the door, opened the screen and squeezed his way out the door. It was a hot and muggy night, but there was a breeze. If he could just stand there on the porch doing nothing, the weather would be perfect. But, even the slightest movement and he knew instantly that he'd be soaked by the humid air and his own sweat. It was a peaceful and calm night. He wished he could linger there, but there was no time, he had to get moving. He slung his pack over his shoulder, pulled the cap down on his head and began to walk down the drive, it was time to go. The diner wouldn't rob itself.

1 comment:

James said...

There's already one or two things I would change, but I won't. This was more an exercise in quick creativity, nearly free flow creativity. I have to admit, the hot muggy weather has been on my mind for a few days, as it's what we're experiencing. But otherwise, I set the timer for 2:05, hit start, ran to the computer, watched until it hit 2:00, then began typing. When it beeped, I finished the thought and there you have it.