Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lazy Saturday

Ok, time for some more stream of consciousness... we're currently watching "The Secret Circle," the latest small-town supernatural show on the CW with a young pouty teenaged girl whose parents are dead.  And of course, it's located in Washington State.  (Good thing Mystic Falls isn't in Washington - the state couldn't handle them all in the same state.)  Lori thought it sounded interesting and DVR'd it.

It was a nice lazy day today.  I started by driving to a friends' house where they handed me a Starbucks and then it was off the airport to drop them off.  Then I took their car home and drove my car home.  It was raining so I proposed to Rachel that we delay our planned walk to Starbucks, especially since I had just finished off a Starbucks as I headed into the house.  We ended up not going, there was lots of rain and Rachel wasn't feeling well.

Played with the kids today and did some other chores around the house.  Brewed some coffee at home around 3 and we had a snack plate for dinner while we had family movie night.  (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.)

It was a really welcome relief, a marked contrast from last week.  Last week was a blur, work was non-stop.  Stressful but also exciting, challenging but fun.  So today was, yeah, so vastly different.  Amazing.  Calm.  And I assume tomorrow will be more of the same.

I'm just bummed the rain is making the remaining branches in the back yard waterlogged.   That will make it more difficult to get them cut up and into the greens bin.

No comments: