Wednesday, December 01, 2010

What I Would Have Said

Monty Brinton / CBS (enhanced by me)
Watching Survivor. They're devoting a lot of time to a conversation about the two young women who want to quit. It's really amazing. They are so deluded. They have no clue. I love that the rest of the players are mad at them.

I would have said, "Yes, this may be one the most demanding things we've ever had to do, but we can see the end. There will be times in your future, that while maybe not as physically challenging, they will test you. And here's kicker - you will not know when that testing will end. Also, at least one of you, because you're young and pretty, even if you don't win, have the potential to springboard from this into an entertainment career. The opportunities, if any, available to a quitter will be far less."

Lori adds (and I'm paraphrasing) "Don't think of 11 days. All you have to do is make it one more day. Then tomorrow, you need to make it one day."

And lastly, I wouldn't allow them on the jury. And they shouldn't have gotten a chance to give final words even if the second one got cut off.

They should be shown to their little cabins, kept isolated from the other eliminated players, fed only rice for the rest of the game, then held backstage, their seats left open at the reunion.

(Of course, who are we kidding?  I would get voted out much sooner.  I have no illusions that the game is tough.  But I wouldn't quit.)

No comments: