Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Too Good to Be True

Today's started off really well. Despite not wanting to get out of bed, I did anyway, and forced myself to exercise, including my jumping jacks that I often neglect. Got some stuff done around the house. Throat's a little sore, but I feel good, a spring in my step that I didn't put there. Drive was good. I felt good. When I feel this good, there's always a bit of a struggle. I risk feeling too full of myself, like I deserve it or I caused it. And there's another part of me that says "Oh, but wait..." I forced those thoughts to the back of my mind and allowed myself to enjoy it. But there was something there. And then there it was. It was the combination of a status update of a friend on Facebook yesterday by their number appearing on my caller ID at 8:01 am as I sat down at my desk, I was fairly certain even before I picked up. I have friends who really, really need prayer. If you believe in God or even if you just suspect that God exists, or even if you regularly tell him he doesn't exist and has no place in your life, would you please ask God to comfort my friends today?

A status update I saw on Facebook immediately after I posted...
Spirit 105.3 -- He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. How great is our Lord! Psalm 147:3,5a

No comments: