There are doughnuts on the table in front of me.
Here's why I'm not having one (or two):
1. I ate a fine breakfast, including coffee before I got here.
2. There will always be more doughnuts.
3. These particular doughnuts are nothing special.
4. Lori can't enjoy them because of her gestational diabetes. By not eating any, I am being supportive.
5. The dougnuts look a little slimy.
6. They look like they came from Safeway. Safeway makes really sub-par doughnuts.
7. Not healthy. Will cause weight gain instead of weight loss.
8. I'd have to exercise more just to get back to this point. (That is, my exercise is more effective by not.)
9. I'm kinda full. I feel a little queasy. The doughnut(s) would make me feel ill.
10. They're all the way at the other side of the room. I'd have to get up, walk over there and reach between people I don't know... Don't want to make a scene.
11. There's probably no good doughnuts (old fashioned, crunchy apple ones, etc.) in the box, they usually go first, it's harder to screw those up.
12. There will always be more doughnuts.
Ok, so I've pretty much convinced myself that I don't want one, but have also made myself a little bit sick.
introspection technology entertainment-books and magazines sift work diet/exercise video funny cars worth repeating Christianity/church ideas and creativity bad company transit and development advertising / branding / marketing email music unclutter random entertainment-television food Google by-week 750 Starbucks 120 family #blogaday cool coffee parenting L.A. architecture entertainment-movies environment leadership Apple Seattle Christmas autism atad entertainment photos art and design weather politics by-year geography rain social identity travel Amazon home improvement Disney by-month money snow charity dream Lego how to vacation awful conference crime simplify children AT&T LOST news sports education fashion clueless improvement links no-bars-blog 2013 NASA NBC GTD fail good company nostalgia trust30 war 2014 empowerment holiday journalism legal picky power powerless quoted Cuba Lori cord-cutting focus great day inspirational radio Federal Way McDonalds Rachel Tacoma medical videoblog Boeing Wal*mart buffy conspiracy culture laundry sellout web 2015 Microsoft PLU art customer service fool review robots and drones