Tuesday, March 11, 2008

overdue - milestones, fraud, addict, leader

I am way overdue on posting. I think this is one goal for the new year that's gonna crash and burn. One of a few, sadly.

I once again find myself pecking out a post on the tiny keyboard of the Blackberry as I walk back and forth along the path to the lake. It is not nearly as warm as it looks and my fingers are protesting slightly.

I've come to several realizations lately. Waking up this morning, I realized it was the 11th. of the month. I like 11s... We were married on the 11th., our daughter was born on the 11th. and 2 years ago on this particular 11th., we arrived back in the northwest. If you had told me my mother-in-law would still be living with us, I would predict that I would be living at a nearby motel. To be fair, she did leave for awhile.

I also realized today that I cannot see interruptions as interruptions. At this point in my career, it's all about the relationships. I came to this conclusion thinking about the fact that we'll probably have an intern in our group and I'm going to need to make it a priority to spend time with them each day. I'm going to be asked to make an investment in them and done right it will mean more productivity to the group.

I've also come to the conclusion that I might be a fraud when it comes to my faith. Still thinking about that. I'll post more on that later.

I've also come to the realization that I have an addiction. I'll post on that separately. But, the first step is admitting it. That will help me to face it and hopefully fix things.

Realizing this stuff this week has mostly been liberating, even though some are negative and need more thought, at least the fact that I've been able to put words to this means I can start to face what's been looming over me lately as an invisible cloud.

No comments: