Sunday, March 23, 2008

Belated

I have not written about my addiction (sorry, it's just to sugar-laced goodies) or my feelings of being a religious fraud, but I've been super-busy. The only reason I'm even getting this post in is that at the last minute I grabbed the laptop before heading to bed to check something out.

Today there was a really good vibe at church. It made me wish that every Sunday was Easter. And then I wondered "why can't it be?" Sure, I get the part about going to an extra effort on Easter because it's a super-important day in a Christian's life, but on the other hand, if you go to special efforts on Easter, and you know that there are some people who will come on Easter and you won't see them again until Christmas, but you want them to keep coming back, so you put on a good show... well, then that's just a let-down next week when you don't put on the same good show and you go back to your regular show. So, I don't have the answer to that because I don't run my own church. (I would be interested to try that, but I would probably offend a lot of people trying to go that route... don't worry, I wouldn't be the preacher/teacher.) But I guess I could try to bring my A game each week no matter how I felt. Maybe it's the least I could do.

No comments: