Monday, March 26, 2007

My Car, My Bubble

I resolved last week to have better drives. I mean, my entire drive each way is only 7 miles. Or, 3 Subways, 2 Quiznoses, 3 Tullys and 2 Starbuckses and a Jamba Juice.

But I decided there's no reason for anyone else to tick me off. They can drive however they want, but it shouldn't affect me. I'm not in a hurry to anywhere and I'm not late. I don't mean to suggest I'm going to start driving slow, but it does mean I need to leave a little more room between me and the car in front of me.

This has mostly worked the past few days. Sadly, this evening it didn't and I'm embarassed. First was a car that came up to the turn lane in front of me. It had just missed the protected green, but it failed to pull into the intersection to take the free. It finally did pull in, but then just sat there, finally doing nothing as the light turned to yellow and then red. I flashed my lights at them. They just sat there as the cars made wide turns around her. doo doo doo doo doo.

A little while later she ended up behind me for about half a mile. Possibly grumbling about the jerk with the Jesus fish and Calvin cross on the back bumper.

A few blocks later, I passed a semi who couldn't stay in his lane and I honked as I passed, driving on the center bumps. He eventually ended up behind me at a stop light. And again I grumbled at myself.

Well, hopefully I can learn from it.

No comments: