Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 35 (Saturday)

Saturday - didn't get as much done as I'd hoped to today. This cold is still impacting me. I know it's an excuse, but it's leaving me mentally drained and more susceptible to noise and being overwhelmed by stimuli. I would like it to be done and over with.

Friday - Well, this has been an interesting week. No, wait, the other thing. Tedious. I stayed home from work sick on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was Thanksgiving. Two hours in the car to get to dinner and back and I mostly hung out on the couch and didn't interact much with people (Ben wasn't interested in eating and I wasn't feeling that great.) Best I've felt all week was the drive home. Felt better today, but still a little irritated. Missing work did mean I stayed on my diet more days. So now 23/28 up to this week and then 5/6 so far this week, but today only by a very thin string. 3.5 pounds to go last time I weighed myself, but with minimal exercise this week and healthy appetite despite the diet, I'm guessing now wouldn't be a good time to weigh myself. Worked my way through Skyfall on Netflix over the past few days. Not at all impressed. While I'm not sure why, I groaned as soon as I saw Javier Bardem's name in the credits at the beginning. But I looked at IMDB and don't know anything else he's been in, so not sure why. But I was right. Didn't care for him at all. And the story was lame, but I did like how it felt like it did a good job of honoring the past. Also still making my way through Battlestar Galactica and just started Continuum. And I finished Enchantment and Ruby Read and am now reading Sapphire Blue. Three vacation days next week.

Monday - I'm going to do something differently this week - reduce the amount of logging on here. I haven't abandoned the task list - it's still going quite well.  I just don't need (I don't think... we'll see) to put as much in writing. Things are going well. I'm working on a post called "confidence" that'll come out soon. I just need some quiet time to think about exactly what I want to say, but it's about how great things are going on so many fronts.

I finished Enchantment and am now working on a fiction book Lori recommended called Ruby Red. Under it on my nightstand are books 2 and 3 of that series. And there's a few other books that I checked out. Good thing I plan to spend some time reading next week.

Shoot... still need upload some photos from October and here it is almost the end of November.

As of Sunday, I was 23 out of 28 for staying on my diet. (This week, 2 for 2, but tomorrow and Thursday and Saturday may prove difficult. But with only 4.5 pounds left to go, must keep my eye on the prize.)

No comments: