- DIY 3D volumetric display / Kinect hack spices up the Fortress of Solitude's kitchenette
- Kinect hack gets a Wiimote assist, stomps all over Dead Space 2
- Microsoft sells 10 million Kinects, 10 million Kinect games
- Gmail Motion April Fools' gag inevitably turned into reality using Kinect (videos)
- Music video shot entirely with Kinect. Not so sure about song itself.
The Sift 102: Transit, Traffic, Travel and Development
- Construction Commences on MVRDV’s Massive Amanora Vertical City Apartments in India - 3,500 apartments! too many?
- House Panel Considers Privatizing Rail
- Crowdsourcing of Traffic and Incident Reporting in Los Angeles
- Mad Men Discuss The Future and Why Rail Will Play a Part of the Future
- Arguments for Center-Running Light Rail on Woodward in Detroit
The Sift 103: Music
- 3D Printed Concert Flute Rapidly Prototypes Sound
- Pandora for Chrome Controls Your Music with Your Keyboard, No Open Tabs Required
- Clocks/Chicago (Coldplay/Surjan Stevens) Mashup
- Musical Interpretation of Pi
- Ahn Trio: A Modern Take on Piano, Violin, Cello
The Sift 104: Email
- 10 Fascinating Facts about Email
- Snooze Your Email Reminds You of Important Emails Later On - I don't use this personally, but it sounds interesting
- How to Use Facebook and Twitter over Email
- AP Stylebook Finally Changes "e-mail" to "email"
- Fixing the Little Things
The Sift 105: Odds and Ends
- Purgatory at 37 degrees - The power of the internet. Bob helps a friend get restitution on a busted refrigerator at Home Depot when GE, LG and the very evil Assurant Solutions won't help. A very serious reminder to document all warranty repairs.
- Research suggests text messaging could help smokers quit
- In and Out (Writing)
- I wish... - a website for ideas you'd like to see turned into reality
- America's 'panic button' to wipe phones of democracy activists, perturb repressive governments