Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Los Angeles

Tonight I heard "Variety Speak" by the Animaniacs, "Ooh La" by The Kooks and "Los Angeles" by Sugarcult, the last two while out running. In 48 degree weather.  At least it wasn't raining.  But it did make me miss the 72.  Way, way back, I used to have a Sunday tradition.  (Well, there was also a Saturday tradition involving roller blades, Santa Monica, Blockbuster and Sunkist Orange soda, Subway.)

But the one I was remembering fondly tonight was the Sunday night tradition.  I'd take Friday's Hollywood Report and Variety home from the office at the end of the day Friday.  I'd go to Starbucks in Encino in Ventura, get a coffee and a scone in the glass "for here" service and I'd go outside and prop my feet up on the edge of the fountain and just spend the afternoon reading and enjoying the beautiful weather.


View Larger Map

No comments: