Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Somehow, I managed to get myself caught in two rainstorms today. TWO.

At lunchtime, I went out for a walk. It had been raining earlier, but now it was blue sky and sun. By the time I got to the lake, there was tiny little drops. Not even enough to stop reading my magazine. As I walked back, it picked up a tiny bit. I was mostly under tree cover, but all the sudden, there was a clearing and I realized, suddenly, that it was no longer light out. Clouds had rolled in quickly. By the time I came out of the treeline back by the ponds, it was raining pretty good. At that point, I needed to run. Halfway around the building. Maybe 1/5, 1/4 mile. I contemplated crouching under a picnic table or hiding in an alcove but I didn't nkow how long it was going to last, so I just kept running. I must have been out of breath for a good 15 minute. I was drenched for probably 3 hours.

After dinner, the skies were again blue and I thought it would be nice to take the kids for a quick walk around the block. We had made it most of the way when again it began and again, running was required.

No comments: