Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mine to Lose

About two weeks ago my boss came to me and took me into a private conference room where he told me that my permanent position had not yet been approved and there was an unforeseen delay. However, instead of just waiting, he recommended I apply for a new position that had just been created. It would have been more responsibility, more pay, and a great stepping stone to more and more.

And I blew it.

I had a really poor showing at the interview and now they're telling me that they're talking to a stronger candidate.

So I continue to temp, with no health benefits/insurance, no sick time, no vacation for who knows how much longer.

I'm thankful to have work, I think I'm supposed to be working here and I really love the culture and the environment. But man am I ever bummed tonight.
Post a Comment