The other night there was a break in the rain and I was in the laundry room and heard a drip-drip-drip. The laundry room has been the nexus for water issues in the past from our master bathroom so I was a bit worried. But I listened and I couldn't quite figure it out. I called Lori down and we listened and I realized - it was coming from inside the washing machine. I sighed and figured "Of course."What's one more financial bill, right? I figured Lori could call the plumber the next day.
But then I got curious, took the top of the machine off and immediately saw water. So I dried everything, waited and watched to see where water re-appeared. It seemed like a small part near the top of the machine.
I went online, searched for a parts list, found the part and there was even a video - in less than four minutes, this guy had swapped out the part. That looked super easy.
Unfortunately, the price and shipping weren't economical, so I ordered it from Amazon and had it in two days and tonight, removed the top of the machine, turned off the hot water, removed interior hose over a towel, removed the exterior hose over a bucket, unscrewed the part, put plumber's tape on the new part, secured it to the machine and reattached the hoses. Then I ran a load with the top off, checked afterwards and no water anywhere.
No pictures this time because, honestly, it's a really quick job. Comments on Amazon say that this particular part will eventually wear out and I guess it's been nearly eight years so I'm glad they made it easy to replace and the parts inexpensive.
Much easier than when I had to fix the "TE Error" it was throwing a few years ago.
Kudos to AppliancePartsPros for their awesome videos. I feel bad for not buying from them, but it's hard to order anywhere else when you've got Amazon Prime.