I'm trying to get more caught up on my magazine reading. And then perhaps books. I'm way behind, it's something that's slid recently. We'll see what slides if I start reading again.
Anyhow, a recent (this month!) Consumer Reports. I can't guarantee that all of my future magazine summaries/reviews will be this up-to-date. In fact, I guarantee they won't.
Stuff I learned:
* Fabric softeners will make towels less absorbent. Wash them without every so often and they'll dry better.
* Most of the world's most common currencies contain BPA (a pretty nasty chemical with health hazards) - another reason to wash your hands after handling money
Things they reviewed:
* Digital Thermometers
* Laundry Detergents
* Outlet stores and outlet store products (these days most products are produced especially for the outlet stores - no factory seconds here)
* 500 products by price level (great for gift buying)
* Vacuum Cleaners
* Car Wax (Nu Finish is a top scorer)
* Car Tires and Batteries
* Hyundai Genesis, Toyota Avalon, Acura TL, Chrysler 300, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Nissan Leaf (normally they break a car in for 2,000 miles before testing. They couldn't do that this time, plus they couldn't buy i t locally so they had to ship it. An interesting anecdote in and of itself.)
You can read parts of the issue online.
I highly recommend subscribing to Consumer Reports
introspection technology entertainment-books and magazines sift work diet/exercise video funny cars worth repeating Christianity/church ideas and creativity bad company transit and development advertising / branding / marketing email music unclutter random food entertainment-television Google by-week 750 Starbucks 120 family #blogaday cool coffee parenting L.A. architecture entertainment-movies environment leadership Christmas Apple Seattle autism atad entertainment photos art and design weather politics by-year geography identity rain social home improvement travel Amazon Disney by-month money snow charity dream Lego how to vacation awful conference crime simplify children AT&T LOST news sports education fashion clueless improvement links no-bars-blog 2013 NASA NBC GTD fail good company holiday nostalgia trust30 war 2014 empowerment journalism legal picky power powerless quoted Cuba Lori cord-cutting focus great day inspirational radio Federal Way McDonalds Rachel Tacoma medical videoblog Boeing Microsoft Wal*mart art buffy conspiracy culture laundry sellout web 2015 PLU customer service fool review robots and drones