Thursday, June 02, 2011

Poetry

I was listening to "New York Minute" and struck by the poetry of the words. Specifically,

But men get lost sometimes
As years unfurl
One day he crossed some line
And he was too much in this world

and

The leaves were falling around me
The groaning city in the gathering dark
On some solitary rock
A desperate lover left his mark,

I love the atmosphere, the attitude conveyed in so few words. I don't know if I could come close.

I'm sitting in the family room right now. The walls have a chocolate brown and the light is underpowered for the room and I've just watched some TV that was uninspiring and disappointing. Now, granted, it's still on and distracting me, but I'm hard-pressed to try to bring you that feeling in very few words.

Dark walls leaning in,
No air left to breathe,
I stumbled for the door,
The exit my reprieve.

Eh. Sorry. I've failed you and wasted your time.

No comments: