Sunday, January 13, 2008

Overload

I was looking at my contacts in Gmail. There were close to 500. That didn't seem to be right, so I started looking closer at who was in there. There are contacts in there going back to the late 90's. I guess I've been carrying them forward, importing, exporting, syncing. To be sure, I've done weeding over the years, but the list still keeps growing. Worse yet, there are old email addresses, old phone numbers, old addresses. Lots of useless chaff. So while I've been watching TV tonight, I've been doing some more weeding. I'm down to 425. I figure, ultimately, I should arrive at a number somewhere between 100 and 200. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is also worth noting that, with a G-mail account, anytime you "reply all" to a group e-mail sent by someone else, every address you reply to will be added to your Google contacts. Over the years, that can add up.

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Yeah, a lot of them are your friends.

KEVIN МАРУСЕК said...

It is also worth noting that, with a G-mail account, anytime you "reply all" to a group e-mail sent by someone else, every address you reply to will be added to your Google contacts. Over the years, that can add up.