Friday, July 20, 2007

Random Thoughts

Well, it's begun. Lori is off to Borders with her wristband. Harry #7 is imminent. (A few weeks ago a new item showed up on mine and Rachel's and Lori's calendars; Lori had scheduled a daddy/daughter day for us and a leave-me-alone-I'm-reading-Harry-Potter day for herself. Though it was obviously worded nicer.)

We went paintballing today. I am have nasty welts on my leg from a cheater. He should have some nasty welts center mass. The funny thing is he's newly married. He can keep his cheating in mind when he tries to hug his new wife. But it was a lot of fun. And extremely messy because of the rain.

I've been enjoying WeeWar.com (look for the link in the upper-right corner of my blog to get an invite). Sadly, it seems to be down at the moment.

A co-worker, Todd, dressed in his best approximation of a Harry Potter character for work today. Only his tie was gold and blue. Loser. He has red hair and so every one was calling him Weasley. I think I shall call him that from now on. I snapped a photo with my phone but it was refusing to send.

I have over 100 posts in my reader. I kinda don't feel like cleaning it out.

It's raining right now I think. If so, it's very little.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You took your infant daughter paintballing?

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Yes, yes I did.

I took Rachel to Bellevue Square today. I gave her the choice between the Children's Museum in Olympia and Bellevue Square and she chose Bellevue Square. I think she thought that we'd only go to Starbucks if we went to Bellevue.

Lori finished the book in 11 hours. That's a cost of about $2/hour. Still cheaper than a movie.

Unknown said...

When I get a book by one of my favorite authors, Robert Parker (writer of the Spenser series), I plow through what are typically 300 page books in about 4 hours. For reasons of cost vs. time, I don't buy them in hardcover anymore.

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Fortunately, people aren't giving away the ending of Parker novels on every website. (Not a comment in any way about Rowlings or Parker, mind you.)

Unknown said...

I keep hearing about various websites, newspapers, etc. that have "spoiled" the ending to the Potter franchise (I'll wager as much money as I'll ever earn in a lifetime that this is not the end of the franchise, by the way), but I have yet to actually see something that spoils the ending. Then again, I tend to visit websites with class and good taste (was that a dig about Harry Potter? Yes, I think that it was).