Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Wandered the Span

No, I wasn't one of the ones who got up early this morning and ran the span. Truth be told, I didn't know about it until someone showed up from church having just completed the run. (Not that this is the excuse that I didn't run. It was also early in the morning and apparently people ran.) I did later wander the span. 3.6 miles of walking in all. Was kinda cool. Tomorrow the bridge opens to traffic, but today, the only way to cross it was on foot. They estimate more than 60,000 did (according to their blog, they were hoping to get at least 40,000, so, well, good show, eh?).


Even Darth Vader and Boba Fett walked the span. Dude must have been really warm under there. I'm pretty pleased with the photos the phone took. The screen was so washed out I couldn't see any of them until I got home. Man, I need a haircut.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, you may have seen Darth Vader and Boba Fett in Tacoma, but had you been in Vegas last week you would have seen both of my brothers, my sister, my mom, and I all in the same place... not killing each other. Looking back on it, I'm not sure which experience was more grounded in science fiction.