Monday, May 30, 2005

New Diet Week

Yay, new diet week. This week, it's almost a certainty that I will be at Coldstones or Dairy Queen by Saturday. Yep, ice cream is on tap this week. Woo hoo!

Last week saw minor cheating, but not too bad. The biggest offense was dark soda. But my primary goal is to drink less soda in general. So, when I did eat out, I resisted dark sodas, mostly in favor of things like lemonade. At home, there were times where I needed a soda and dark was my only choice.

I did more excavation in preparation for the path project, and got in four or five walks with the dog, including two with Rachel at the same time, as well as one additional walk with Lori and Rachel without the dog.

I think all the work has added muscle to nearly offset any weight-loss, but I feel good and I feel committed to the diet and hopefully there will be some visual difference in my gut soon enough.

Found a flaw in the diet, though... no warm brownies covered with vanilla ice cream as both items are not allowed at the same time. Guess I'll have to add a combination-week after I lose about 10 pounds.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And have you weighed in after last week? If so, did you lose weight?

James said...

Yes, sir!

World Girl said...

God - Reading your blog makes me want to make brownies, chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, OH! or chocolate cream cheese brownies. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I went on an 8 mile bike ride, 4 of those miles were up hill, so maybe I'll indulge. Just a little.

World Girl said...

God - Reading your blog makes me want to make brownies, chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, OH! or chocolate cream cheese brownies. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I went on an 8 mile bike ride, 4 of those miles were up hill, so maybe I'll indulge. Just a little.