Friday, May 06, 2005

It doesn't even need to be able to fly...

...but would someone please make a car as cool as the Delorean? Ok, so there are some nice Ferarris and Lamborghinis, but why can't other car manufacturers make some daring and cool cars? I supposed the Crossfire is interesting, but I didn't even care about it until I heard about the design philosophy behind it (every line changes from in to out or out to in), but I'm still lukewarm when I see one. And the Magnum... cool name, dumb car, tiny tiny back window.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm keen on the BMW Z series. I also like the PT Cruiser, though I know many disagree with me. The latest Corvette looks OK, at leats it looks better than the previous decade or so. The newer, bubbly Chevy pickup truck looks silly I admit, but last week I saw one that had been converted into a convertable and it looked cool (not sure if that was a factory option or a custom job). There was a car repair place near where I used to work that did all the high-end modifications on high-end autos, so I saw a bunch of cool cars the names of which elude me. And there's a European motor place between my home and my mom's that specializes in Rolls Royce's and Mini Coopers... it's a funny looking parking lot at times.

James said...

You know? None of those do it for me. I liked the Chevy pickups when I saw them in a magazine nearly a year before they came out, but I've cooled by now. I saw a gray one today. It was just ok.

I have to add that I get a little bit distressed every time I see a new Mustang. I know this is something you've commented on and I agree 100%. I just look at the back of the car and I want to know if there's someone at Ford I can call. Someone who can tell me that it's going to be ok, that all of the ones on the road are going to be recalled for some drastic plastic surgery. I physically hurt inside when I see how beautiful all of the car is except its big old ugly horse butt. (Is it so that old people behind it can see it when it's braking and not run into it?)