Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stop Me If You've Heard This One

So... yeah... my car's dead.  Not completely.  But it wouldn't start.  I think it's at Midas, but I'm not sure.  This evening, the tow truck came and carefully extricated it from our driveway.  Almost no scraping whatsoever, very impressive considering that crazy annoying driveway and street of ours.

And then the tow truck took off and I followed it down the street until it made the turn and I got stuck waiting for a lot of cross-traffic.   And then a few blocks later, they made a weird turn.  I figured they were just lost, so I pulled over and waited for awhile.   But they never reappeared, so I figured they looped around and went back the other way down a side-street.  It made sense, it would mean no u-turn at a median if they went that way instead of the way they had started.

So I looped around, looked, didn't see them, looped around and headed to Midas.  I got the paperwork started, and then I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Finally, the phone rang.  The tow truck had broken down.  Again... THE TOW TRUCK BROKE DOWN.

So a new tow truck was coming and then they'd bring it on to Midas.  I said I was going to head home and they agreed to drop the keys in the drop box.   So, yeah, hopefully my car is at Midas.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be cheap.  We have a cut-off.  If the cost is more than that amount then we're declining, paying to have it towed home and buying a new car.  I hope it doesn't come to that.  Because I am nowhere near ready to buy a new car, if you remember how long it took me to pick a cell phone.

(Of course, as was confirmed in Cars 2, there's no way this would happen to Mater. © Disney/Pixar.)

2 comments:

TV James said...

The car is not dead.  They could not duplicate the problem.  That is, they couldn't get the car to *not* start.

Mike_metzger7 said...

James,
This is on a totally different subject but wanted to let you know that I came across your notes on YouVersion (Bible) on Luke 10 from May 2011. I enjoyed reading your notes from your pastor and it really encouraged me. Thanks for sharing and keep up the faith.
Mike