Sunday, October 23, 2011

Curb Appeal

So here's the problem... we have some curb appeal issues.  Your typical 1978 home, functional, but boxy, the cut off edges on roofs are odd.  (I used two Google Street View photos and removed a large tree to get this picture, hence the shadow for a non-existent tree and the weird stuff above the roofline.)


We've always been interested in the Craftsman Bungalow style of homes.  I had designed a whole new front to our last home, but then we didn't stay long enough to really think much about it.

In Washington, they've taken a twist on it.  It's a little bit simpler, but it's been applied to larger homes.   I've seen some great examples recently on my runs and so this has been rattling around in my head for some time now.  Finally tonight I hacked something together using a simple program while I was doing freestep.   Some of the lines are crooked, but this is as much time as I want to invest in it tonight.


Now, I don't have the money to even think about this right now, hence the simple hack job.

But I wonder what the HOA would say.  I would hope they'd like it.



No comments: