Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Review: Sea Salt Kettle Chips

I really wanted some thick tasty crunchy chips the other night.  Not sure why.  Well, I was at the grocery store, so perhaps it was just impulse.

I debated, the different brands all seemed expensive or the bags were small or both.  This bag (5oz) was on sale for a dollar off - $2.29 instead of $3.29.

I have to say... I was a little disappointed.   I've recently discovered Sea Salt and love it.  But I didn't taste very much salt.  I actually wet my fingers, flicked water onto the chips and then put some of my own salt on them.  These chips were not overly thick, but very very crunchy.

Each serving is 1 oz (28g), so 5 servings per bag, 150 calories per serving.

I am still keen to try other varieties, though not necessarily all of these.  They also have: Sweet Onion, Buffalo Bleu, Backyard Barbecue, Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, Spicy Thai, Fully Loaded Backed Potato, Jalapeno, Sea Salt & Vinegar, Honey Dijon and Cheddar & Sour Cream.

**Update** Between the time I wrote this review and the time I posted it, I went to a party where they served the Fully Loaded Baked Potato and that was pretty tasty.

No comments: