Friday, August 14, 2009

You Wanna Have What...???!?!

Typically, this would something I just post to Twitter/Facebook and move on, but I feel like I need a few more characters to avoid some embarassment.

I have a station on Pandora that I call "Just Dance" - I started with Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" as a seed and have given a thumbs up to most high energy dance songs and anything with a slow beat I've given thumbs down.  I use that playlist while I'm working on the Nintendo Wii Fit.

I've given thumbs up to "When I Grow Up" by The Pussycat Dolls.  Well, there's a lyric in the song that I had to recently go and look up because it sounds to clearly like they're singing something that when you hear it you go "Really?  You're singing that?"  So I went and looked it up on KissThisGuy* and was glad to learn I was not alone in my mishearing.   Though I still mishear it every time, even though I know what it should be.  I was, however, embarassed to see that I was probably at least a decade older than everyone else mishearing this lyric (or at least reporting their mishear.  Though I am proud of all the teenagers who have found out about this site.  Pretty sure it's been around as long as I've been married meaning most of these teenagers were my daughter's age - if born at all - when it was founded.  Yeah, copyright says 2006, but it's been around for a *lot* longer than that.)

On the other hand, maybe that means if I keep listening to this station I'll still be relevant when my daughter starts listening to music.  (Will there still be broadcast radio when she's old enough to start getting into music?)

(*As in "Excuse me while I kiss this guy," in case you're not familiar with this fun and very old school internet archive or lyrics that never were.)