Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Funny Thing Didn't Happen on the Way To Nowhere

As a result of yesterday, some stuff has already happened. Some of it couldn't have happened to a nicer person, some of it shouldn't have happened to someone so nice and other things just went in a direction I could not have predicted. It's like saying "your choices are north, south, east or west" and they went frarglth. I thought after my work yesterday, that I had a shot at more. Instead, I lost. I lost something I didn't care for that was on top of my normal work and unpaid, but it was a loss none-the-less. It wasn't so much a loss as an un-re-org sooner than anyone expected, but for some reason it really bugs me. If I really thing about it, I think that ultimately I was finally shown a glimpse inside the black box and I see what the potential is, but how it's going to be screwed up. It's my vanity again, believing that I have the answers no one else has. Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but I know they don't. I've seen enough to know, I've seen how all the previous black boxes were constructed. Good enough, but not great. Perhaps this is why I'm so discouraged, in such a funk tonight.

Update - I've decided to do something about it. An email has been dispatched.

No comments: