Some interesting things I've learned or heard today...
(1) Because of donations, we are able to employ people who work to acquire grants and gifts-in-kind. That in turn allows us to provide $1.50 in aid for every $1 donated to our NP by private individuals. How cool is that?
(2) When your Toshiba laptop needs repairs, you can take it to any UPS store. Because they're the official shipper for Toshiba, right? Wrong. Because UPS is the official REPAIRER for Toshiba laptops.
(3) UPS was apparently founded in Seattle.
(4) Some restaurants now, when you call to make a reservation, you're talking to someone in India. Now I knew that some drive-up order speakers at McDonalds are actually connected to a call-center in North Carolina, but that's amazing that even restaurants can outsource their reservation systems.
(5) The exchange between two DJs that I heard when I turned on my car radio this morning.
#2 "Oregon? You mean Oregon State."
#3 "Yeah, whatever, that place where you can't pump your own gas. And everyone smokes pot."
introspection technology entertainment-books and magazines sift work diet/exercise video funny cars worth repeating Christianity/church ideas and creativity bad company transit and development advertising / branding / marketing email music unclutter random food entertainment-television Google by-week 750 Starbucks 120 family #blogaday cool coffee parenting L.A. architecture entertainment-movies environment leadership Apple Christmas Seattle autism atad entertainment photos art and design weather politics by-year geography identity rain social travel Amazon home improvement Disney by-month money snow charity dream Lego how to vacation awful conference crime simplify children AT&T LOST news sports education fashion clueless improvement links no-bars-blog 2013 NASA NBC GTD fail good company nostalgia trust30 war 2014 empowerment holiday journalism legal picky power powerless quoted Cuba Lori cord-cutting focus great day inspirational radio Federal Way McDonalds Rachel Tacoma medical videoblog Boeing Microsoft Wal*mart buffy conspiracy culture laundry sellout web 2015 PLU art customer service fool review robots and drones