Friday, June 16, 2006

Random Thoughts

Ok, this day is just dragging. I'm working hard, but the work involves clicking, typing and lots of waiting (Oracle. Blech.) so it just feels like forever.

So some stuff that's been floating through my head...

You will never see me wearing birkinstocks or a tie with a short-sleeved shirt. Too Dilbert/Drew Carey.

Washington Mutual will bug you with unsolicited offers for credit cards and then are so cheap that when you call them to get off the list you have to talk to a call center in India. Add insult to injury, they didn't even hire a good call center, the phone line is awful and the operators have accents so think they're hard to understand.

Disney Mobile is almost cool enough to make me switch from Verizon Wireless. Of course, they are powered by Sprint, so I would have to ask someone to drop a piano on me since I made it my life-long mission to share with others why Sprint is Evil.

On my lunch break I was walking around the building and I saw a duck in the pond today with six baby ducks behind it. I love how they can almost rise up out of the water on their tails just before they start paddling to catch up... totally like characters who run in place for a second or two in the cartoons. Also a small bunny hopped across my path. And the trees were green and the sun was out with just whispy clouds. It had rained earlier so steam was rising off the concrete. In L.A. it would have just been concrete, cars, horns and sirens and oppressive heat or torrential rain. And I would have just stayed in my office playing video games.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No oppressive heat here... at least not near the coast. Temps tose to 100+ in the valleys where you once dwelled this week... been in the lower 70s here.

Tomorrow is planned a lengthy bike ride along the coast. Some sun, some beach babes, and me in a Hawaiian shirt.

California.

KEVIN МАРУСЕК said...

No oppressive heat here... at least not near the coast. Temps tose to 100+ in the valleys where you once dwelled this week... been in the lower 70s here.

Tomorrow is planned a lengthy bike ride along the coast. Some sun, some beach babes, and me in a Hawaiian shirt.

California.