Friday, September 23, 2005

Oil, Schmoil

I've been trying to remember and/or find this quote from an episode of Reno 911! I saw a few weeks ago when I was up in the middle of the night unable to sleep. I wish I could find it, but it was great. In fact, the episode itself was pretty hilarious.

The department had been granted a new vehicle - a Hummer. The whole episode dealt with them trying to get used to it, trying to park it, stuff like that.

But when extolling the virtues of it, they talked about how the fact that it wasn't fuel efficient was a good thing. They were saying the quickest way to world peace was to use up all the oil. Then those countries wouldn't be able to finance violence and terrorism. The quote was something like "You don't put a bank out of business by going in and taking a little bit of money, you go in there and rob the place and take all the money."

I thought it was an interesting take that makes me want to use more gasoline. Because not only for that reason, but then carmakers will finally be forced to make cars that don't destroy the environment. (Well, I bet they'd come up with a new way to do it... like making a 20x20' piece of steel to get four hubcaps and then throwing the rest away or something.)

No comments: