Saturday, February 15, 2003

Ok, I want to complain about a few car commercials...

1) Saab... the commercial begins... "Anyone who's ever complained about spending half the day in traffic..." "...has never driven a Saab." To which I'd add "...because then they'd know it could be worse... they could be driving a Saab." I've never driven a Saab, but I think they're ugly and that commercial dumb.

2) Saturn ION... while I have to give them props for using Alphaville's "Forever Young" they cut it all up weird which is just sad. But what I don't like about the commercial is the part that says "Specifically engineered for whatever's next." So, Saturn cars are specifically designed to be vague and blah to fit any situation, without any character or style.

3) Volkswagen... riding in my friend's new Volkswagen, we came up behind a large truck which had a sign on th back which read "Drivers Wanted" He's like "Hey... that truck stole the VW slogan." And I'm thinking "That's the best they could come up with? Some guy late to a pitch meeting came up with it while stuck in traffic behind a large truck."

And my own car (not in a commercial)...

1) Dodge Intrepid... it and several million other Chryslers and Dodges have a recall because the bolt that connects the seat to the power seat adjustment motor to the seat can break, causing the seat to fall backwards, which could really suck while you're driving. Actually, mine broke about 3 months ago and I went to the dealership and they said all they could do was sell me an entire new power seat motor assembly for $150 plus labor. I said "no thanks" and went to Home Depot. A replacement bolt cost me 15 cents, but I did have to totally remove the seat. It was a pain, but I was glad I was able to do the work myself, despite my dad not allowing me to take autoshop in high school.

No comments: