Friday, August 01, 2014

The Sift (Aug. 1, 2014)

Happy Friday - here's 5 articles that I thought were cool.

ENGADGET -- A 1,000-foot high wall might be the key to saving the midwest from tornados - Darn it, I knew I should have copyrighted that idea when I had it years ago.

HOUZZ -- How to Add a Backyard Shed for Storage or Living - just so we're clear, internet, I still haven't forgiven you for not telling me about this site sooner

KITEBRICKS -- Kite Bricks - they call it a new way to build, but I was creating buildings and space ships and cars when I was a kid. In fact, wasn't there a movie about this kind of building process earlier this year? (Oh.. wait.. these are full size Legos? Well, then that's completely different.) Either way, this is interesting - very little waste and probably a very fast method of construction. Check out the video.


SETH GODIN -- When in doubt, re-read rule one - hint: rule 1 is the customer is always right. It's a little myopic (he probably doesn't read Not Always Right but it's still a good thought.

BAKER -- Case Study: Wrigley 5 Gum - as a fan of this gum, I thought this was a really cool read - how they took it from ideation to execution, complete with a progression of designs and themes.

No comments: