Wednesday, December 28, 2005

2006

My friend Mark's asking on his blog what people's plans are for 2006. Of course, this is something I've already been thinking about, what with my summary of 2005 and the fact that everyone thinks retrospectively at this point in the year, but also projects optimism and hope.

So what's 2006? It's the year of me. At least on here, it will be. My goal is to be more retrospective, and to more frequently assess how things are going. I'm hoping at the end of 2006 when I go back and read what I've written over the past year, that I'll see more consistency. To be sure, life will change and things will occur, but I hope I can accept them into the context of where I'm going, rather than allow them to bat me around the room like a pinball. I will not flit like a butterfly, I will not careen like a car out of control bouncing from guardrail to guardrail.

The themes have all been there... family/friends, health/diet, spirituality, career, creativity/hobbies, current events, but I hope that in the new year I can more accurately capture them here in this blog and keep a more even keel, be it calm waters, or pounding through ice caps, that this new year will be the year I put the pieces together.

No comments: