Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thanks, Cingular

I wasn't quite sure of the correct way to blaspheme on SMS. Thanks for making it so clear. You could have just as easily said OMG=Oh My Goodness or Oh My Gosh. Sheesh...

(If you've been following my Cingular / Wirefly / Amazon / Rebate-Headquarters saga, it's getting even funnier. Now I've gotten a $50 rebate ($25x2) on the two Wirefly phones we had for a week. And I just got an e-mail saying that the $50 rebate ($25x2) for the Amazon phones had been approved. Both offers were supposed to be on a single phone and only after 180 consecutive days of service. On top of that, Cingular has made so many refunds on the two sets of accounts that we ended up not paying activation on *any* of the phones. We did have to pay $105 on the first account, but they said we'd end up getting most of it back. The last statement I got now has a $176 credit on the account. I've called Cingular explaining the undercharging and they said I was the first person that rep. had talked to in 4 years who had ever called to say they were undercharged.

So if we add it all up, Wirefly - free phones, $10 shipping paid with a gift card. Zero. Cingular account. Credit balance of $176. $50 rebate received. Amazon - 1 cent per phone, $25 shipping. Paid with a gift card. Cingular account - no activation fees charged. $50 rebate on the way. Only thing not accounted for was the time my wife and I spent on the phone with everyone and all the aggravation, but I still think we come out way ahead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"OMG" is not allowed on any classroom assignments, even informal writing exercises.

KEVIN МАРУСЕК said...

"OMG" is not allowed on any classroom assignments, even informal writing exercises.