Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Building Muscle

So if you're a friend on Facebook, you've probably been unable to escape the fact we bought a Wii Fit the Friday before last. You're probably like "Wii get.." Oops, that is, "We get it already."

We had been working to get a used treadmill from friends in our small group, and we still may. But Lori suggested we get it and I started thinking about it. I knew I probably wasn't going to get my XBOX360, and if I did, I would never get all the use out of it to make sense. What's more, Microsoft would try to get me on the hook for a monthly charge.

So started looking into it. Except for some that I'd given to charity, I still had a nice chunk of Christmas money. And Lori had "loaned" her Christmas money to her mom. Figured why not get something we could all enjoy.

I haven't really lost any weight. I'm still at my resting weight*, but but I can tell I've melted away some fat. That's kind of exciting. I also know that it takes more to feed muscle, so I know there's a loss coming on. (*Don't know if there's such a thing, but I uttered it at a recent physical and the doctor didn't pause, so...)

I've been continuing to get my hour in on the exercise bike each day and trying to walk before and/or after work and/or on my lunch break. And then doing time on the Wii as well.

Gotta say... It's fun and I feel better and this is definitely more habit forming than a treadmill or exercise bike.

In no time at all, Starbucks and Fat Burger won't make me feel guilty at all. (Yeah, I may be exercising, but I'm still enjoying life.)

No comments: