Monday, March 16, 2009

Disgusting

According to Zillow.com, our old house in Monrovia, Calif. is worth barely more than what we paid for it in 2003.  That is, several hundred thousand dollars materialized in the barely two years while we live there and then vanished in the three years we've been gone.  This to me, is another reminder of God's plan for our family -- we had no clue what we were doing, but God did.  (Our house here hasn't lost very much in value, but when we bought the house in California, it was to be our 5-7 year home before moving to a nicer part of Monrovia or maybe back to Glendale.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went onto Zillow just now, and I have a more disgusting story than yours. In 1988, my family sold their home in Pomona and moved to Corona. Pomona was a city on the downward slope of existence. Drugs and gangs were moving in. Bad news all around. On the other hand, Corona was upwardly mobile. It was a sprawling metropolis, and my family even found a gated community for extra snob appeal.

Two guesses which home is worth more right now? Yes, Pomona leads by nearly 30k. Keep in mind my mom owned the house in Pomona outright, but sold it and used the money from a sale as the downpayment on the home in Corona. Had she left well enough alone (literally alone, since the new house and the move was due, in part, to her getting back together with my dad), she would be a few hundred thousand dollars more financially solvent than she is now.

Let us not tell my mom about this, OK?