Friday, November 03, 2006

Distracted by Work

I've been frustrated lately. I haven't felt like I had time to do
anything. The stupid daylight savings annoyance means it's dark after
work. Being in Washington means it's 30 degrees before work. And it's
been rainy and blustery at lunch and none of us has felt like walking.
Then evenings have been busy and I haven't been able to help out with
chores and I've been so tired I haven't ridden the bike as much. Speaking
of tired, I've been so tired I've been snoozing and not getting up to ride
the bike. Today I snoozed for a good 90 minutes before getting up almost
the last minute. And last night I fought for a long time trying to get a
computer to accept a network card. I had a different, older, network card
and I thought that was the problem, but I bought a new one and it doesn't
work, either. So now I'm wondering if I just need to swap the computers,
but I'll spare you the details of why that might work or why it's not a
good idea. But, I haven't really thought of any of that today. It's been
so stinking busy. I guess that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have computer issues, too. Last month I had every part of my computer swapped out except the external drive. I didn't even bother to bring the external along to the service techs because it was fine. Well, the external is now near death. It's a good thing I bought a CD/DVD burner and have ben able to back up my files. It's a better thing that the internal hard drive the issued me has slightly larger memory which enabled me to transfer som files and software.

As it stands, I only power up my external hard drive when I'm making changes to my iPod because that's still where I store my mp3s. Next paycheck I'll buy a small 60GB external for about $60 that I saw at the Mac store and do away with my current external. So, in the past two months I will have replaced my entire computer. Hoo-ray for me.

James said...

I wish I could make a Mac crack here, but that could have happened to anyone.