Friday, May 12, 2006

Scary Campus

Ok, the dates on these articles *seem* incorrect. But recently four PLU students were beat horribly by party crashers and last week twice students were victims of armed robbery. Of course, the joke's on the criminals. These kids don't have any money. The school's got all the money.

In all seriousness, I'm kinda pissed. I walked around that campus in late March and I let Rachel just walk near me, not even necessarily always holding my hand. I thought that place was safe.

Ten years ago I would walk around at night all the time. I didn't the neighborhoods were great, but I never felt unsafe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn. Imagine the episodes of "Rescue 7911" we could create now!

It's hard to believe the hard trained Campus Safety officers have let things get so bad, lethal fighting force that they are. They must still be too busy writing silly parking tickets instead of keeping the campus safe.

James said...

Keep in mind these events happened adjacent to PLU. I still remember hearing of someone being chased off campus by Campus Safety and then tackled by CS officers and held for the sheriff. That way it didn't count as a crime statistic towards PLU.