Sunday, May 04, 2014

Week 57 (Final)

Sunday 3:40 pm -- Wrapping up this week. 224 done. That's fine. I am happy with what I got done. I'm feeling prickly at the moment so I'm hiding in our room with headphones on. I want to put some effort into next week's list to make sure that I end up at the end of the week with very little incomplete. But I won't have a lot of time within which to prepare, so let's see what I can come up with quickly.


Saturday 10:15 pm -- Surprised I missed two days. I knew I'd miss Friday but didn't realize I'd missed Thursday as well. Successful day. I hit on a new idea today. While the basic stuff that's every day or every few days are important, but it would be great to get rid of stuff that won't just respawn the next day. So I made a new list that looks at what's due that's longer term. That was a good new perspective. Got a long done today and it helped me pay attention to some of that stuff I just kept postponing and postponing.

Wednesday 10:45 pm -- Another brief post. I spent far too long fighting with Lori's computer tonight. I had narrowed it down to Dropbox. It never said it was taking much memory or processor, but it ground her machine to a halt and the internet was slow all over the house. I'd already tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all the other tricks out there. I did a super uninstall tonight that rooted out every little last remnant of it and then re-installed. It meant re-downloading 1,500 files (photos) but it seems to be working again. But that kept me from getting a lot done. However, actually took a run today, fifth day in a row under my calories.  This is also day two of a secret project. I've enlisted some people on social media to help me with it. I'm hoping to have it wrapped up in 30 days, but I have to keep it quiet until then. If you're the praying type, you can join in by praying for my little endeavor, even if you don't know the specifics. We just saw the Dr. Who episode "Blink" and I think that's by far my favorite episode, even if Rose wasn't in it. That set the bar really high.

Tuesday 10:40 pm -- Just a brief post. Did some important, time-consuming stuff tonight, stuff that won't reappear on my list for weeks or months (yay!). Fourth day in a row of being under my calories. That meant not having any of the free pizza that the rest of my team had at work. (Though I had something better, one of the people eating pizza looked at my food and said they wished they had what I had instead.)

Monday 10:25 pm -- Yay, it's still early. Ok, so day three of being under my calories. And for the first time since April 9, I fired up RunKeeper and did an hour long walk at lunch. That's kinda pathetic. Not the walk, but the delay. 61 items done for the week. I thought I was going to rock sleep last night, until I woke up at 4 am and my body said "Nope, done for the night." Went back to sleep, but waited too long thinking I could do it without moving to the couch and turning on my White Noise app. Have a list prepared for tomorrow. Still too long, but that's the best I could do without spending a lot of time on it.

Sunday 10:40 pm -- I think this will be a good week. I made a short list for this evening and completed all but two of them, though I might get to one of them yet tonight. I've worked out a list for tomorrow. It's a longer list than I can accomplish, but it's at least the most important items from all the ones that could have been on the list for tomorrow. That's going to be my method for this week. We'll see if it works any better than anything else I've tried in the past 57 weeks. Two days in a row under my calorie count.

No comments: